Monday, June 14, 2010

New Video Adapter.

Notice I said Adapter?

Ha! I went to my favorite site "Directron" and found a card I wanted. I'm sorry... I meant an adapter!

I sent in my order for a $50 Chaintech with 128Mb of memory. A few days later I was informed that they were out of that model. They sent me a much newer "adapter" for the same price! I love when that happens.

Long story short, it worked perfectly and I'm still using it. It'll be nine years in a few months.

My Fly 2! Flight Sim went from almost unusable to really great!

Now my hard drive failed on me a few months back and I haven't even loaded that program again. But I was very pleased with the new card. Er... "Adapter" : )

My favorite Flight Sims are Fly2!, Mig Alley, Lightning 3, and Apache Havoc!

I also like No One Lives Forever 2, Several Star Wars Games, and various other "Retro" games.

I'm in the market for a new laptop and am into different things now. Mostly video editing for YouTube and those kinda sites. My problem now is finding something that will play and edit H.264 video.

I'm sure many of you have the same problem.

I'd just love any details on systems that can handle that. I've been looking at those HP DV Series Laptops. I don't want to buy a MAC even though I expect that would be the best bet.

So I'm still using an almost nine year old Athlon with 128Mb of video ram, but find it very functional other than MP4/H.264 video. I like using WMM too. I do have some Arcsoft software as well.

If you just happened to stumble on this Blog you'd never see any of my videos. Well, Unless you just Googled my e-mail name. They're very grainy, and I wouldn't suggest looking unless you already know who I am : )

I'd really appreciate any advice on editing H.264 video and the hardware and software needed to do that.

Thanks for stoppin' by Y'all : )

No comments: